A home is a special place that belongs to you and your family. Homeowners want to make sure they do what they can to protect their space and personal belongings from unwanted hands. Thankfully there are several ways to keep your home safe.
The rise of technology has given us new options to protect our homes.
One of these new protection features comes with home automation. Home automation is a system that allows you to remotely control your home from a smartphone or tablet. This feature allows you to protect your home in several ways.
- Allows you to pick certain times in the afternoon to turn on the lights giving the appearance that people are occupying your home at the time to prevent burglary.
- Gives users the ability to remotely view their homes through cameras that stream and record video.
- Lets you lock and unlock your doors from anywhere.
Steps you can also take to secure your home include living in a gated community, particularly those with manned gates. There are several benefits to living in gated communities including:
- Gated communities offer a higher property value because they offer many benefits and are considered premium neighborhoods in the real estate market.
- Preventing strange and unauthorized vehicles from driving in your neighborhood.
- Decreasing the crime rate.
- A reduction of unwanted traffic from outside sources.
Here a few other quick and easy tips to keep your home safe.
- Don’t leave boxes for electronics out by the curb. It’s not the best idea to alert everyone that you just bought a new and expensive TV, camera, or laptop.
- Keep your landscaping neat and bring in any flyers and newspapers. Otherwise, it looks as if no one lives there.
- Cancel newspaper subscriptions and ask the post office to hold your mail while out of town.
Lennar understands that safety is a prime consideration for homebuyers. You not only invest in a home monetarily but emotionally as well. That’s why we take measures to ensure you, your family, and your home are kept safe. For more information, visit LennarOrlandoFL.com.