VERO BEACH, Fla. - An agreement to burn a losing team’s jersey went horribly wrong when a drunken Florida man tried to put the jersey on, deputies say.
A husband and wife were watching the Dallas Cowboys vs. Green Bay Packers game inside their Vero Beach home when the husband’s team lost and he went outside to incinerate his jersey, according to the Sebastian Daily.
Judge denies bail for Lake County man accused of drowning toddler
Orlando woman arrested in drug overdose death, Longwood police say
Group sex during Hurricane Irma reportedly ends with decomposed body, police say
Recall alert: Toys R Us recalls nearly 30,000 toys due to choking hazard
Send your name to Mars
“He was set on fire after losing a bet on the Cowboys game. … Skin was hanging off his arm and back,” a witness told Sebastian Daily.
Family members quickly took off the jersey and took him to Indian River Medical Center with with second- and third-degree burns to his back, right arm and hand, the report said.
The 27-year-old man said he was drunk, deputies said.
Read more at Sebastian Daily.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.