General Motors has issued a massive recall involving more than 3.4 million pickup trucks and SUVs to correct a brake problem, The Associated Press reported.
The recall includes:
- Chevrolet Silverado from 2014-2018
- GMC Sierra 1500 from 2014-2018
- GMC Sierra 2500 from 2014-2018
- GMC Sierra 3500 from 2014-2018
- Cadillac Escalade from 2014-2017
- GMC Yukon from 2015-2018
- Chevy Suburban from 2015-2018
- Chevy Tahoe from 2015-2018
As the cars get older, the pump in the power-assist brakes may not have enough power than needed. That will mean drivers could need more time and space to stop and increase the risk of a crash, the AP reported.
Owners have started to be notified of the issue and dealers will recalibrate the electronic brake control module for free, according to the AP.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.