MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. — A South Carolina woman is suing a Myrtle Beach water park, contending she contracted necrotizing fasciitis or flesh-eating bacteria after scraping her arm on the bottom of a pool.
Lanham said she was knocked over by a wave in a pool at the park, scraping her arm. The lawsuit alleged that's when "the flesh-eating organisms entered the plaintiff's body and began eating her right arm," Myrtle Beach online reported.
The victim underwent multiple surgeries, suffered "permanent disfigurement" and is in ongoing pain, according to WCHS-TV.
The suit also accuses the water park of failing to clean and test the pool waters.
Wild Water & Wheel owner Mark Lazarus disputes the allegations and said the park meets all requirements established by the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control.
© 2019 Cox Media Group