HARTFORD, Conn. — A Connecticut man is facing a murder charge after Hartford police said he killed a 3-year-old boy in a drive-by shooting earlier this month.
The incident occurred shortly before 2:30 p.m. April 10 as Jones, his mother, a man and two other children were inside a vehicle, police said. Authorities said a passenger in a nearby Honda Accord opened fire at the car, striking and critically wounding Jones, WVIT reported. The boy was taken to a nearby hospital, where he died, police said.
Investigators, who believe the man inside the vehicle with Jones was the intended target of the shooting, later obtained a warrant for Smith’s arrest, according to the news outlets. He remains jailed on $2.5 million bond, WVIT reported.
Cox Media Group