DAYTON, Ohio — A person suffered minor burns Friday evening after they ran out of lighter fluid and decided to use gasoline on their grill, WHIO-TV reported.
The person had first-degree burns that Dayton Fire West Chief David Thomas described to WHIO as minor. Officials told the news station that the fire happened around 7:30 p.m. at a home in the 700 block of Accent Park Drive.
Officials said flames damaged the home, an attached garage and a car, according to WHIO.
A neighbor, Julia Blackmon, told WHIO that she called 911 when she noticed the fire. She told the news station that the resident dropped the gas can “when the fire flared out of control.”
“It was scary,” she said. “I thought maybe the car was going to blow up.”
Thomas estimated that the fire caused about $40,000 worth of damage, WHIO reported.
©2022 Cox Media Group