COLDWATER, Mich. — Firefighters in Coldwater, Michigan, helped rescue a puppy who was overdosing on fentanyl by giving it Narcan.
According to a Facebook post from Coldwater Firefighters Local 2555, the owners of the puppy brought her to them and firefighters were able to administer two doses of Naloxone, also known as Narcan, a medication that helps reverse the effects of opioids.
“This isn’t a call we normally expect! The puppy’s name is Whip and she got into a fentanyl patch and overdosed,” said Coldwater Firefighters Local 2555.
According to WILX, the puppy is doing okay. Firefighters said she is being monitored and will eventually follow up with her veterinarian.
©2022 Cox Media Group