Can you believe the year 2016 is almost here? New Year’s Day is the second most deadly day for drivers, and it’s a high risk day for pedestrians as well. If you’re planning on going out this holiday weekend, our new Toyota dealership near Orlando wants to help keep you safe. Before you get behind the wheel this New Year’s, keep these safe driving tips in mind!
New Year’s safe driving tips
Driving is dangerous this time of year, so if you can’t avoid it and plan on being on the road, protect yourself and your passengers with safe driving tips from Toyota of Clermont.
- Buckle up. Before you even start your new Toyota near Orlando, put on your seatbelt. You must always wear your seatbelt while driving –it’s the law. Remind your passengers to wear theirs as well. This device will help keep you protected and secure in case of an accident or collision.
- Abide by speed limits. Slow down and follow the speed limits. Speeding is illegal and dangerous. Stay safe and protect yourself and other motorists by driving the speed limits.
- Drive defensively. Use defensive driving techniques while driving on New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day. These safe driving practices include being alert and aware of your surroundings and other drivers around you. Driving defensively also includes keeping a safe following distance between your new Toyota near Orlando and the car in front of you. You should also look for a safe place to exit the road in case of an erratic driver.
- Avoid distractions. When you get in the driver’s seat, immediately put all distractions out of sight and out of reach for safe driving. Never use your cell phone while driving. If you have an important text to send or a call to make, pull off of the road safely and put your car in park.
- Never drink and drive. Toyota of Clermont wants to remind that you that you should never get behind the wheel if you’ve been drinking. If you have been drinking, call a cab or a friend to pick you up instead. Drinking and driving is immensely illegal and extremely dangerous.
Toyota of Clermont wishes you a happy and safe New Year’s!
If you’re not going out on New Year’s but you will be traveling, our safe driving experts at Toyota of Clermont suggest that you plan your route ahead of time and plan an alternate route. By having your trip already figured out, you will be able to travel more efficiently and get to your destination quicker. An alternate route is important just in case there is an accident or road closure that creates traffic back up.
We love our customers and want to help them stay safe! Remember to use these safe driving tips when out on the road this holiday weekend. For more helpful driving tips, visit us! We’re located at 16851 State Road, between the Florida Turnpike and Highway 27! To better serve you, we’ll be open New Year’s Eve AND New Year’s Day until 10 p.m.!
© 2018 Cox Media Group.