*This is a sponsored article by Toyota of Clermont*
Big news when it comes to going green – Toyota topped sales of hybrid cars in 2016, easily and efficiently dominating the hybrid market! It’s no surprise to us here at Toyota of Clermont; ever since the Toyota Prius was introduced to drivers way back in 1997, Toyota has been a frontrunner when it comes to eco-friendly performance and incredible fuel efficiency. We’ve got the scoop on how our Clermont Toyota hybrid cars took the top spot when it comes to 2016 sales… read on!
Toyota tops 2016 sales for green cars
Here are the facts:
- The 2016 Toyota Prius sold 350,000 units
- The 2016 Toyota Prius c sold 200,000 units
And the Toyota RAV4 Hybrid was hot on their heels in terms of sales, too. Additionally, Toyota hit the big-time milestone of selling over 10 million hybrids since the initial release of the Clermont Toyota Prius in 1997!
This means they beat out competitors like Honda, Nissan, Chevy, and more. In fact, Nissan only sold 475 hybrid cars in the US last year, and Honda’s hybrid sales are also dropping. Toyota, on the other hand, keeps surging forward year over year, as does Lexus. And finally, Toyota offers a large multitude of hybrid cars for sale. You’ll be able to choose between hatchbacks, SUVs, and sedans, and even more are on the way.
Get behind the wheel of a hybrid car at Toyota of Clermont
When it comes to shopping Clermont Toyota hybrid cars, here are the options waiting for you:
- Toyota Prius
- Toyota Prius c
- Toyota Prius v
- Toyota RAV4 Hybrid
- Toyota Highlander Hybrid
- Toyota Camry Hybrid
- Toyota Avalon Hybrid
And many, many more will be coming to Toyota of Clermont down the road; after all, green performance is one of Toyota’s top initiatives, alongside safety technology. We’re extremely excited to see what options are headed to our dealership in the near future, including the Toyota Prius Prime!
Why bother going green and putting a hybrid car in your driveway? Here are some of the perks that these eco-friendly vehicles can bring to your day-to-day drive time:
- Increased fuel efficiency – since they utilize an electric motor alongside a gasoline engine, you’ll use less fuel and cut your fuel costs noticeably
- Greener performance – you won’t have to feel bad about your time behind the wheel as these particular vehicles cut down on emissions that form smog, as well as use less natural resources (since they use less gas)
- Top of the line technology – everything you need is right at your fingertips; you won’t just find top technology under the hood, as it’s also woven tightly into the design of the cabin
And so much more!
Want to take a hybrid for a test drive today and see how it can change your drive time in a big way? Call Toyota of Clermont at (888) 590-6090. We’re open seven days a week and we’re conveniently located just off the Florida Turnpike at 16851 State Road 50!
© 2018 Cox Media Group.