Toyota is well-known for all of its safety research and implementation. Since Scion basically a member of the Toyota family, you can expect the same high quality and dependability in every single new Scion in Orlando! We know that safety is a high priority when you’re searching for a new car – that’s why we’re so proud to offer all of these innovative options. Let’s take a look at what you can expect to find when you hop behind the wheel of a new Scion at Toyota of Orlando!
Safety technology ranks high in our Orlando Scion options!
First of all, you’ll find technology designed and implemented to keep you and your passengers more secure. Take the 2013 Scion xB in Orlando, for example. This family-friendly and dynamic new Scion option offers safety at every turn. You’ll find elements like:
- A Tire Pressure Monitoring System, which helps to detect when your tire’s pressure is getting too low (which can lead to both reduced traction and fuel efficiency, as well as dangerous blowouts).
- A steering wheel that has audio controls integrated into it. Now you can change songs or lower the volume without ever having to take your hands off of the wheel.
- An incredible Advanced Airbag System – this system is comprised of a multitude of strategically placed airbags designed to enhance safety in the event of a crash. You’ll find features like front and rear side curtain airbags, as well as driver and front passenger seat-mounted side airbags.
- Bluetooth capabilities – the Pioneer Audio System that comes standard in this new Scion in Orlando offers Bluetooth technology, so you can stream both phone calls and music without having to fumble for a cell phone or MP3 player.
- 3-point seatbelts for all seating positions, as well as LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children) to keep smaller passengers secure!
You’ll even find standard features like a first aid kit for treating minor injuries and recording details should you happen to get into an accident in your new Scion!
Learn more about the Toyota Star Safety System!
However, one of the most impressive safety features you’ll find on our new Scion in Orlando is the Star Safety System. This system of six different safety technologies was designed especially by Toyota, and consists of the following elements:
- Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) – this will keep the brakes on your new Scion from locking up
- Vehicle Stability Control – helps to prevent your wheels from losing traction, or their grip on the road
- Traction Control – Works in conjunction with Vehicle Stability Control to help you retain control of your vehicle no matter the road conditions
- Smart Stop Technology – Reduces engine power in an emergency situation to help you retain control and slow your speed
- Brake Assist – This applies full braking pressure when you slam on your brakes in an unforeseen circumstance to help you come to a complete stop faster
- Electronic Brake Force Distribution – Helps to prevent your rear wheels from locking up by distributing your brake force more equally when you slam on the brakes
Why not come check out all of this safety technology in person? Toyota of Orlando is open until 10pm every single day – give us a call at (888) 725-3520 to set up your test drive!
© 2018 Cox Media Group.