Have you been keeping up with Toyota news in the automotive world recently? If you have been, then you’re probably aware of the rumors that Toyota and BMW are collaborating on a seriously impressive new sports car that will be out on the market in no time. It’s rumored to be the next Toyota Supra, which was an icon of a sports car in its time and still an exceptionally sought-after ride.
Our Orlando Toyota dealership has been keeping tabs on this sporty new Toyota concept, and we’re thrilled to announce that we have new information to bring to the table!
New Toyota in Orlando to be modeled after Toyota FT-1 concept?
It was recently announced by an automotive newspaper in Cologne, Germany – Auto Zeitung – that the Toyota BMW sports car collaboration now has specs available; i.e., we can find out things about its performance, appearance, and technology that were previously unknown. Did you get a shot to take a look at the new Toyota FT-1 concept car? This Orlando Toyota concept was unveiled a few months ago and it turned heads all over the country. It’s rumored that this new concept will pull from that, adding in elements like:
- A rear-wheel drive system for some serious acceleration and handling no matter what surface you’re driving on, as well as a front-engine and a 50-50 weight distribution that will help increase maneuverability.
- A lightweight construction that increases speed and efficiency – we’ve heard that carbon fiber aluminum is the material in question.
- A seriously low stance – kind of like the Orlando Scion FR-S – to give you major handling capabilities.
- A shorter wheelbase (by about 20 centimeters) than the new Toyota FT-1 concept for better performance and to make it more conducive to everyday driving.
- Two versions of the car would be available – one branded to Toyota, and one branded to BMW.
Choose the engine for this incredible Orlando Toyota BMW collaboration
Plus, three engine options. You can deck out this new Toyota in Orlando with the following:
- 2.0L 4-cylinder engine with 218 horsepower
- 3.0L V6 engine with 320 horsepower
- Twin-turbo 3.0L V6 with 400 horsepower
Allowing you to easily customize your new sports car AND its performance to your drive time preferences. We can’t wait to see what this new Toyota in Central Florida will have to offer, but unfortunately, we’ll have to – it’s been rumored that production won’t start for a while, and we’ve yet to see a concept car emerge. Hopefully something will come to fruition shortly to give us a solid sneak peek! Keep your fingers crossed and we’ll keep you posted!
In the market for a new and affordable sports car right now? Let us help – we’re located just off I-4 near the Millenia Mall at 3575 Vineland Road, and we have a ton of new Toyota, new Scion, AND used car options that are sure to meet your sportiness requirements. Come on down and see us, or give us a shout at (888) 725-3520 to schedule your test drive appointment today!
© 2018 Cox Media Group.