- Rookie defender Erin Greening earned her first career NWSL start on Sunday, lining up at right back. It was Greening's second ever appearance after earning 16 minutes in the Pride's season opener against Portland.
- Midfielder Abby Elinsky made her season debut for the Pride, coming in in the 70th minute for Rachel Hill. Elinsky made two appearances for the Pride in 2018 as a National Team Replacement Player.
- Orlando played its first match of the season without its U.S. Women's National Team players, who will be away from the team until the end of their run at the 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup. Alex Morgan, Ali Krieger and Ashlyn Harris were all named to Jill Ellis' 23-player roster on Thursday.
- Alanna Kennedy wore the captain's armband for the Pride on Sunday, marking the second time the Australian has captained Orlando.
- Create your account
- Receive up-to-date newsletters
- Set up text alerts