Did you hear about the Toyota Pro/Celebrity Race that took place a few weekends ago in Long Beach, CA? It was a chance for celebs to climb behind the wheel of a race car and take on the track in name of charity – this particular race raises money for children’s hospitals in the US. The race was exciting as usual, but things got taken to the next level this year… it was the first year that the 2013 Scion FR-S hit the track!
Orlando Scion FR-S takes on the track
The Toyota Pro/Celebrity Race has been running for 37 years, and this is the first year that the Orlando Scion FR-S was the star of the show. It didn’t disappoint, either! Rutledge Wood claimed victory, and Brett Davern set a record for the quickest lap by a celeb at 1:44:188, although the fastest lap in entirety was completed by pro driver Tyler Clary, who clocked in at 1:44:128. Pretty impressive for a sports car you can take home for under $26,000, huh?
Don’t get us wrong – obviously, some enhancements were made on the 2013 Scion FR-S in Orlando to get it race-ready. However, the foundation stayed pretty much the same, and you can bet if you hop behind the wheel of this new Scion in Orlando you’re in for an exciting ride! Here are some of the highlights of the new Scion FR-S that can be right at your fingertips:
- 200 horsepower and 151 lb-ft of torque… combine that with rear-wheel drive, and you’ll get quite the performance. This is perpetuated by the flat Boxer engine under the hood, which boasts an eight-injector direct and port fuel injection system for some extra oomph.
- Did we mention a brand-new, specially designed platform and chassis? They were tailored for performance, so in addition to the low center of gravity provided thanks to the flat engine, you’ll be taking turns like a pro in no time.
- Fuel efficiency – believe it or not! This new Orlando Scion boasts 28 mpg combined, so you can not only save on the price, but also at the pump after the fact.
2013 Scion FR-S offers unbelievable flair
Toyota also took things to the next level in terms of appearance for the Toyota Pro/Celebrity Race, but we think the 2013 Scion FR-S in Orlando is stylish enough to start with. You’ll love standard features like:
- The aforementioned low and aggressive look, which is enhanced by fluid exterior lines
- 17’ alloy wheels to amp up the sport factor
- Sport bucket front seats that are trimmed in dark fabric with bright red stitching
- Sport pedals, as well as a tilt/telescopic leather-trimmed sport steering wheel
- Powerful dual exhaust
- Paddle shifters on the automatic model
- A slew of attention-grabbing paint colors, including Blizzard Pearl and Firestorm
Want to learn more? Just stop by our Orlando Toyota Scion dealership today! We’ve got the entire Scion family on our lot, and they’re all waiting for your next test drive. We’re conveniently located just off I-4 near the Millennia Mall – see you soon!
© 2018 Cox Media Group.