Palm Bay man badly burned when garage explodes

Updated:

A Palm Bay man was burned over 60 percent of his body when his fume-filled garage exploded.
 

Authorities said the man was siphoning fuel out of a vehicle with a 'shop-vac' in a closed garage on Waffle Street when the explosion happened. Investigators believe a spark from the vacuum ignited.
 
A witness told Palm Bay police the neighbor was on fire when he ran from the garage.
 
Neighbors reported the explosion sounded like a train crash.
 
Three other people were inside the home when the explosion took place. They were not injured.

The man was airlifted to a burn center in Orlando late Sunday.
 
Police did not have an update on the man's condition. His name was not released.