SEMINOLE COUNTY, Fla. - Attorneys in the George Zimmerman case have now agreed to pick 40 potential jurors to head to the next round of questioning, up from 30 Thursday.
The change came on Day 4 of jury selection in the
racially-charged case that's captured the nation's attention.
Seminole County Judge Debra Nelson was coy on her decision to sequester the jury in the Zimmerman case until Thursday, four days in.
"I will be sequestering the jury," Nelson said.
It was a reversal to what Nelson had previously said -- she wanted the jury to remain anonymous, but was iffy on sequestration.
Eyewitness News legal analyst Bill Sheaffer thinks the decision will put a kink in jury selection.
"We may actually lose ground now that the judge has decided that yes, they are going to be sequestered," Sheaffer said.
He said some jurors won't want to be in the pool due to personal commitments or conflicts with jobs and family.
"Do you still believe that you have the hardship that you thought you had prior? Two to four weeks?" Nelson asked a potential juror.
"Yes ma'am. My job only pays 40 hours," said the potential juror.
During sequestration, jurors will be required to remain in a local hotel for the duration of the trial, even on weekends.
They'll have limited access to cable TV, the newspaper will be redacted and in-person or phone contact with family members will be strictly monitored.