Have you made your new year’s resolutions for 2014 yet? If you haven’t, now’s a good time to get down to it… and we’ve got a few suggestions for you! You can always vow to stay on top of your Orlando Toyota service – that’s a great one for ensuring your car stays in great shape and puts out an exceptional performance. You could also work on improving your driving habits. However, one of our favorites? Making the most of fuel efficiency in 2014 to help cut fuel costs on your new Toyota in Orlando!
Our new Toyota in Orlando offer major fuel efficiency
There’s more than one way to go about it, of course. You could always invest in an exceptionally fuel-efficient new Toyota, such as:
- Toyota Prius
- Toyota Yaris
- Toyota Camry Hybrid
- Scion iQ
Or any of the other majorly economical options here at Toyota of Orlando. Not in the market for a new ride? No worries – we can help you get the most fuel efficiency possible out of the one you’ve already got!
Improve fuel efficiency in your current car!
There are easy and incredibly effective ways to up the fuel economy of your new Toyota in Orlando; all you have to do is put them into practice and start reaping the savings! Here are some suggestions:
- Make sure your new Toyota in Orlando is getting its needed routine auto service. This means staying on top of things like oil changes, air filter changes, tune-ups, and transmission services. Another important element of auto service to consider is your tires – if they’re not properly inflated, it can have a drastic effect on fuel economy!
- You should also tailor your driving habits when you’re behind the wheel of your Orlando Toyota. Make sure you keep the word “smooth” in mind – no jamming on the gas or brakes, and accelerating at a normal rate. Cutting your speed will also help you save on fuel by as much as 2-4mpg!
- Make sure your trunk isn’t full of junk! Having extra weight in your new Toyota can cut into its fuel efficiency, so empty out the trunk and the backseats accordingly.
- Try to condense your trips as well. Carpooling is a great way to save on gas, but if you’re going to be behind the wheel try to make the most of your trips into town! Run all of your errands at once, and try to find the shortest distances in between stops to cut down on your new Toyota’s fuel use.
- Another way to enhance fuel efficiency is to use your windows accordingly! If you’re driving around town at speeds under 55 mph, turn off the A/C and roll down your windows to get comfortable. However, if you’re out on the highway it’s best to crank the A/C and close your car up, as open windows can create drag and reduce your fuel efficiency!
© 2016 Cox Media Group.