ALTAMONTE SPRINGS, Fla. — An Altamonte Springs man is being held without bond after deputies accused him of sexually battering a juvenile in foster care and interfering with her return home.
Frank Juan Seaborn, 33, faces seven counts of sexual battery by a person 24 or older involving a 16- or 17-year-old, according to a Seminole County Sheriff’s Office arrest report.
He is also charged with interfering with the custody of a minor and tampering with evidence in a criminal proceeding.
Deputies began looking for Seaborn and the juvenile late Aug. 17 after she was reported missing and endangered from a foster home. Investigators said Seaborn and another man had picked her up in a white truck over the weekend.
Deputies initially went to a home on Seaborn Court but were told Seaborn and the juvenile had left on foot.
About 40 minutes later, deputies assisted Seminole County firefighters with a disconnected 911 call at another Altamonte Springs location. Firefighters were already speaking with Seaborn and the juvenile when deputies arrived.
The juvenile told investigators that Seaborn had placed medication prescribed for a spider bite into a drink and said it would help her sleep, according to the report. She said she began feeling strange and developed a headache after consuming the drink. She was taken to a hospital.
During an interview, the juvenile told deputies that she had known Seaborn for about two years and that they had been in a romantic relationship. She alleged they engaged in sexual activity several times after she left foster care.
Seaborn told deputies he met the juvenile on social media about two years earlier and had been in an on-and-off relationship with her, according to the report.
Deputies said Seaborn admitted having sex with her after picking her up but claimed he believed she was 19 or 20. He said he did not know she was a minor.
Investigators interviewed Seaborn again at HCA Lake Monroe after he was admitted for an infected spider bite. The report says he admitted to several additional sexual encounters with the juvenile.
Deputies also accused Seaborn of telling the juvenile to discard a blanket they had used in a wooded area behind his residence, leading to the evidence-tampering charge.
The juvenile was taken to Kids House of Seminole for an interview and medical examination.
Seaborn was arrested early Aug. 18. The arrest report lists him as being held without bond.
Click here to download our free news, weather and smart TV apps. And click here to stream Channel 9 Eyewitness News live.