Man accused of molesting foster children given no bond in court on Saturday

This browser does not support the video element.

VOLUSIA COUNTY Fla. — A Volusia County man accused of molesting at least two foster children placed in his care since the fall of 2020, was back in court on Saturday.

Lawrence Williams appeared back in court Saturday following new charges after investigators said Williams, 48, is accused of molesting at least two foster children who were placed in his home.

READ: Low pressure area east of Daytona Beach could form into tropical depression

On Saturday, a Volusia County Judge ordered no bond for Lawrence Williams, after a mix-up originally granted him one.

The state attorney’s office issued a statement on Friday that Williams had previously been mistakenly issued bond.

They said the office filed a motion to correct the mistake and reinstate the bond.

READ: Man killed, run over several times after being hit on Interstate 95, troopers say

Williams is now facing charges for sexually molesting two foster children he cared for.

Investigators say the 48-year-old began molesting his foster kids in his Holly Hill home last year.

Police said Williams would take the kids back into a blue shed on his property, known as the punishment room, and sexually abuse them.

READ: ‘Patria y vida’: How a song became a worldwide rallying cry in support of Cuba

“This investigation is ongoing and the State Attorney’s Office is working closely with the Holly Hill Police Department to identify and determine if there are any other victims,” the office said in a statement.

According to his arrest report, a representative from Neighbor to Family Foster Care in Daytona Beach said she initially “had reservations” about allowing Williams to foster children, but he had passed all background checks and “answered questions appropriately.”

READ: Federal court lifts CDC rules for Florida-based cruise ships

She said Williams was “extremely anxious to foster children and wanted to foster younger white females.”

Williams is facing two charges of sexual battery on a victim under age 12 and two charges of lewd and lascivious molestation. Officials said additional charges are possible.

Williams did get a public defender assigned to his case, who did not choose to speak in front of the judge at this time.

READ: Nearly 58,000 people impacted by Florida unemployment assistance data breach

The judge also ordered Williams cannot contact either victim directly or indirectly. His next court date is Monday morning.

Channel 9 also reached out to the state and DCF to see how many kids Williams was fostering at the time.

The state said all children in his care were immediately removed from his home following the allegations.

Click here to download the free WFTV news and weather apps, and click here to watch the latest news on your smart TV.