ORLANDO, Fla. — Broadway in Orlando on Wednesday announced its upcoming season that kicks off in September, which includes several shows postponed due to COVID-19 as well as some new performances.
Here’s a breakdown of the upcoming season.
- “Hadestown,” originally scheduled for Dec. 15-20, has been rescheduled for Sept. 21-26.
- “Tootsie,” originally scheduled for Nov. 24-29, will hit the stage from Nov. 2-7.
- “The Prom,” originally scheduled for Feb. 16-21, will show from Dec. 7-12.
- “Ain’t Too Proud: The Life and Times of the Temptations” has been added to the season for Jan. 25-30, 2022.
- “Disney’s Frozen” has been added to the season for Feb. 24-March 6, 2022.
- “Cats,” originally scheduled for April 20-25, has been pushed back to March 29-April 3, 2022.
- “Jesus Christ Superstar,” originally scheduled for June of this year, has been rescheduled for June 7-12, 2022.
Noticeable absences from the season lineup that was originally announced include the smash hit “Hamilton” as well as “The Band’s Visit.” Neither shows were able to be rescheduled for this season but will return for a future season, the company announced.
“Wicked” has been postponed, and a new date will be announced soon.
© 2021 Cox Media Group