BREVARD COUNTY, Fla. — A six-hour contract talk Wednesday led to progress made by both Brevard Public Schools and the teachers’ union, according to a news release.
Among the talks, BPS has increased its salary raise to 4.15% for teachers, the news release states. The two sides have not agreed to a raise yet.
Both sides also agreed on recruitment and retention bonuses for teachers at priority schools. Teachers at Tier 2 schools will get $2,000 and teachers at Tier 3 schools will get $3,000.
The district and the union also agreed to a $5,000 recruitment and retention bonus for teachers at Gardendale Separate Day School.
Health insurance that will include $300 in an FSA account will be eligible to all eligible employees.
The district said it has already agreed to:
- $3,400-$4,400 in one-time premium pay for teachers, which has already been ratified.
- 10 days of paid parental leave.
- $45 for teachers to cover a class during their planning time
- $1,200 FRS eligible supplement for teachers on the performance pay salary schedule at the start of their 11th year.
- $2,500 supplement for ESE support specialists.
- The union and school district will resume their talks on July 29.
©2022 Cox Media Group