Friday’s forecast: Hottest day of the week, spotty afternoon storms to move across Central Florida

ORLANDO, Fla. — Friday will be our hottest day this week.


Daytime highs will be near 95 degrees, with a heat index of around 105 degrees.

We will have spotty afternoon storms, at a 40% chance.

READ: NASA reconnects with Capstone spacecraft en route to find new pathway to the moon

This weekend, temperatures will be in the low- to mid-90s.


We will have a 40% chance of rain on Saturday. On Sunday, the rain chance increases to 60%.

We will have a better chance of afternoon rain on Sunday into next week. It will get more active.

READ: Residents in this local city claim there’s a problem with its water supply, but is there?

The tropics remain very quiet. Channel 9 meteorologists do not expect any development for at least the next several days.

Follow our Severe Weather team on Twitter for live updates:

Visit our hurricane section: EYE ON THE TROPICS

Click here to download the free WFTV news and weather apps, click here to download the WFTV Now app for your smart TV and click here to stream Channel 9 Eyewitness News live.

Katlyn Brieskorn, WFTV.com

Katlyn Brieskorn is a Digital Assignment Editor at WFTV. She joined Channel 9 in July 2019.