ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. - In an effort to reduce post-holiday burglaries, the Orange County Sheriff’s Office and Orlando Recycling have implemented “Operation Burglar Box.”
The program gives residents an opportunity to discard boxes for expensive items in a place other than in the garbage in front of their home.
“These gifts often come in large cardboard boxes and when left curbside for trash pickup, it can signal to a criminal what’s inside your house,” the OCSO said on its Facebook page.
Cardboard boxes can be taken to the following locations for drop off:
- Sector 1 Substation - 1111 N Rock Springs Road, Apopka
- Sector 2 Substation -11000 Lake Underhill Road Orlando
- St. Luke's Methodist Church - 4851 South Apopka Vineland Road Orlando
- Goodwill Industries -7915 South Orange Blosson Trail Orlando
- Winn-Dixie - 11957 S. Apopka Vineland Road, Orlando
© 2018 Cox Media Group.