OSCEOLA COUNTY, Fla. — Update 6:20 p.m. Christopher Otero-Rivera & Angel Rivera have been found guilty in the murder of St. Cloud mom Nicole Montalvo.
The jury found both men guilty of all counts: Second-degree murder, abuse of a dead human body and tampering with evidence.
Otero-Rivera and his father, Rivera, were accused of killing Otero-Rivera’s estranged wife, Nicole Montalvo, in 2019. Montalvo’s remains were found buried on the Rivera family property in October 2019.
Read our previous coverage below:
UPDATE 6:05 p.m.: A verdict has been reached in the trial of two men accused of murdering Osceola County mother Nicole Montalvo.
Closing arguments began in the trial of two men accused of murdering an Osceola County woman.
The jury could begin to deliberated as soon as Wednesday.
Christopher Otero-Rivera and his father, Angel Rivera, are accused of killing Otero-Rivera’s estranged wife, Nicole Montalvo, in 2019.
Montalvo’s remains were found buried on the Rivera family property in October 2019.
The defense and prosecution both rested their case Tuesday.
- Estranged husband, mother-in-law, father-in-law to all face trial together on charges related to death of Nicole Montalvo, judge rules
- Estranged husband, father-in-law of slain St. Cloud woman indicted on different charges
- ‘Smelled like death’: Woman recalls night after slain St. Cloud mother disappeared
- Letters from jail, other evidence released in slain St. Cloud mother investigation
- State Attorney’s Office releases new documents in slain St. Cloud mother’s murder investigation
- Man accused of murdering daughter-in-law facing new charges, jail documents say
- Deputies: Human remains identified as missing St. Cloud woman
Cox Media Group