Valentine’s Day can be tricky during a pandemic.
In many places, you cannot go out to a favorite restaurant for a candlelight dinner. Throw in social distancing and trying to coordinate a mask with your Valentine’s outfit and the celebration can get away from you pretty quickly.
But that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy the day made for love. As we have learned in nearly a year of on and off lockdown, if you work hard enough, you can find a way.
Restaurants are here to help.
Below are some deals and freebies from restaurants that can help you give your sweetie a special gift this Valentine’s day.
While dining-in may not work for use, many restaurants are offering specials this Valentine’s Day. Some allow for eating in and some are for enjoying at home.
- Baskin-Robbins: Surprise your sweetie with an ice cream cake shaped like a box of chocolates. You can get it in two sizes: one that serves two to four and costs $18, and one that is $40 and serves10-12. Order in advance online or in the store.
- Black Angus Steakhouse: The restaurant is offering a feast for two for $99 that includes two 6-ounce filet mignon, two lobster tails, two prosecco splits, appetizers, side dishes and bread.
- Bonefish Grill: You can get a 7 oz. filet with a seasoned and steamed cold water lobster tail through Feb. 15 at all Bonefish Grill restaurants, or you can order it via carryout.
- California Pizza Kitchen: CPK is offering a Sweet Deal for Two for $35. It is available for dine-in service from Feb. 10-14. The deal includes two entrées, appetizer, and dessert.
- Carrabba’s: Get a four-course dinner for $50 at Carrabba’s. The deal includes two salads and two main courses, plus an appetizer and dessert to share. The meal is available for dine-in or carryout from Tuesday through Feb 15.
- Chick-Fil-A: Chick-Fil-A is offering 30-count Chick-fil-A Nuggets, 10-count Chick n Minis, 6-count Chocolate Chunk Cookies or 12 Chocolate Fudge Brownie halves packaged in heart-shaped trays for Valentine’s Day.
- Cinnabon: Get two Classic Rolls with two cold brew iced coffees starting at $15.
- Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf: Buy a regular latte or ice-blended drink and get one free after 2 p.m. Feb. 12-14.
- Dunkin’: Dunkin’s Valentine’s Day menu features a Pink Velvet Macchiato, Mocha Macchiato, Brownie Batter Donut and Cupid’s Choice Donut. The doughnuts are heart-shaped.
- Eddie V’s: Get a takeout dinner for two featuring Chateaubriand and South African lobster tails, served with au gratin potatoes, grilled asparagus, Caesar salad and bananas foster butter cake.
- Einstein Bros. Bagels: Get the Family Pizza Bagel Box for $5 when you order ahead using the mobile app. The deal is available starting Tuesday and continuing through Valentine’s Day.
- Firehouse Subs: Go to your Firehouse Sub app and enter the promo code “LOVE” to claim a free dessert on Valentine’s Day weekend.
- Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar: Flemings is offering a three-course dinner for dine-in or takeout. From Feb. 12-15, you can choose between the three-course Prime Surf & Turf menu for two or the filet mignon three-course meal.
- Godiva: Godiva has a limited-edition collection of chocolates available for Valentine’s Day. You can also get a free virtual Valentine’s Day card with any purchase of the Valentine’s Day Collection on GODIVA.com.
- Krispy Kreme: Heart-shaped doughnuts from Krispy Kreme include Sprinkled Heart, Sugar Cookie, Strawberries & Kreme, and Chocolate Caramel varieties. They all have special fillings.
- Maggiano’s Little Italy: You can choose between two Valentine’s Day meals at Maggiano’s that feed two or four people. They are priced at $55 and $85 respectively. You get a meatball starter, salad, classic pasta dish(es), entree and mini desserts.
- Mountain Mike’s Pizza: What says “Happy Valentine’s Day” better than a 14-inch heart-shaped pizza? You can get one throughout February at Mountain Mike’s.
- Ruth’s Chris Steak House: Get one of two holiday specials at Ruth’s Chris Steak House over Valentine’s Day weekend. Celebration Surf & Turf is available in 6 oz., 8 oz. or 11 oz. sizes, or you can choose the Tomahawk Ribeye. You can click here to pre-order your carryout meal in advance.
- Seasons 52: The Valentine’s Day dinner for two features the restaurant’s Kona-Crusted Filet Mignon, salad, sides, and two complimentary Mini Indulgence desserts, plus a bottle of wine. It costs $99.
- The Capital Grille: Get a three-course takeout dinner for two, with the restaurant’s Prosciutto Wrapped Mozzarella and field green salad, plus an entrée of filet mignon and butter-poached lobster tails, Sam’s mashed potatoes and grilled asparagus. The deal also includes a dessert trio of cheesecake, flourless chocolate cake, and chocolate-covered strawberries.
- The Fresh Market: You can get the “Meat Heart for your Sweetheart” deal at Fresh Market. The meal comes with two entrees from a choice of filet mignon, lump crab cakes or Chilean sea bass and includes whipped potatoes, seasoned asparagus, chocolate strawberries and a dozen roses. It costs $49.99 and can be ordered online through Tuesday.