ORLANDO, Fla. — Get Involved and join Vanessa Echols for the Susan G. Komen MORE THAN PINK Walk.
WHY DO WE PARTICIPATE:
· Because 1 in 8 women in the U.S. will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime.
· Because 13,728 women in Florida are diagnosed with breast cancer annually.
· Because 4,844 women in Florida are diagnosed with late stage breast cancer annually.
· Because 2,704 women in Florida lose their battle with breast cancer annually.
· Because it’s time to go beyond breast cancer awareness. It’s time to take action!
GET INVOLVED: Join our WFTV 9 Family Connection team today: http://www.info-komen.org/site/TR?fr_id=8166&pg=team&team_id=438971
EVENT DAY INFORMATION
2020 Komen Orlando MORE THAN PINK Walk™
Saturday, March 14, 2020
Cranes Roost Park
274 Cranes Roost Blvd. Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
7:00 a.m. Onsite registration opens
8:00 a.m. Hope Procession & Ceremony
8:45 a.m. Walk begins
10:15 a.m. After walk celebration at the amphitheatre
We can fight these statistics together. Join the breast cancer movement by fundraising for our signature event.
Your fundraising has the power to make a true impact. Just consider how far we have come, thanks in part to supporters like you:
· Race for the Cure® has raised more than $2 billion to help fund research, education, screening and treatment.
· In 1980, the 5-year relative survival rate for women diagnosed with early-stage breast cancer was about 74 percent. Today, that number is 99 percent.
· Since our founding in 1982, Susan G. Komen’s national research program has invested in cutting-edge research that has helped make major breakthroughs possible.
· Funding for discoveries in genetics and biology has led to personalized, less-invasive breast cancer treatments to replace the less-effective “one-treatment-fits-all” approach.
Race for the Cure® or MORE THAN PINK Walk™ is your opportunity to turn your support for the breast cancer movement into action. Prove that you are More Than Pink, and help us end breast cancer forever.
For more information, visit http://www.info-komen.org/site/TR?fr_id=8166&pg=entry
© 2020 © 2020 Cox Media Group