ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. — The COVID-19 pandemic resulted in social distancing and limited large gatherings, which forced the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts to postpone or cancel shows altogether.
So if you’re a ticket holder for one of those shows, what does that mean for you? Here’s what the Dr. Phillips Center says.
Which shows are rescheduled?
- Eugene Snowden - part of the AMP’d Series -- rescheduled to Aug. 10
- The Price is Right Live! -- rescheduled to Aug. 19
- Hatsune Miku -- rescheduled to Sept. 4
- Brian Regan -- rescheduled to Sept. 11
- Eli Castro -- rescheduled to Sept. 11 and 12
- Universal Funk Orchestra - part of the AMP’d Series -- rescheduled to Sept. 14
- #IMOMSOHARD -- rescheduled to Sept. 17
- Djavan -- rescheduled to Sept. 18
- Salsa y Sazón -- rescheduled to Sept. 20
- Distant Worlds: music from FINAL FANTASY -- rescheduled to Oct. 17
- Aladdin Ballet presented by the Russian Ballet Alafaya -- rescheduled to Oct. 17
- MasterChef Jr. Live! -- rescheduled to Oct. 24
- Madagascar, A Musical Adventure Jr. -- rescheduled to Nov. 20–22
- Orlando MET’s The Sleeping Beauty -- rescheduled to Dec. 21
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix in Concert -- rescheduled to Jan. 16-17, 2021
- Shen Yun -- rescheduled to Jan. 30–Feb. 4, 2021
- An Evening with Neil deGrasse Tyson -- rescheduled to Feb. 3, 2021
- The Edwards Twins -- rescheduled to Feb. 15, 2021
- Blippi the Musical -- rescheduled to Feb. 25, 2021
- Rend Collective -- rescheduled to March 27, 2021
- RAIN–A Tribute to the Beatles -- rescheduled to May 6, 2021
- The Ballet Collection presented by United Ballet Theatre -- rescheduled to May 22, 2021
Center officials said they are alerting ticket holders of the new date. Those who purchased tickets should hold on to their tickets, which will be valid for the rescheduled performance date.
Which shows are postponed?
Some shows have been postponed, but a new date has not been announced. Here are those shows next to their originally scheduled date:
- March 14 -- PechaKucha Night Orlando v28
- March 21-- Orlando Philharmonic Presents American Rhapsody
- April 1 -- Growing Bolder’s Launchpad to What’s Next Live!
- April 4 -- Cirque de la Symphonie presented by the Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra
- April 4 -- Carmen presented by the Russian Ballet and Opera Orlando
- April 8 -- Mandy Moore
- April 25 -- Tchaikovsky’s 5th presented by the Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra
- April 25 -- Bill Maher
- May 9, -- The Joe Budden Podcast
- May 23 -- Schitt’s Creek: The Farewell Tour
- June 1 -- Brit Floyd
- June 8 -- King Crimson
- June 10 -- A.R. Rahman
In addition, Orlando Ballet Presents Made in the USA: A Collection of American Works has been moved from Dr. Phillips Center to Harriett’s Orlando Ballet Centre. Click here for more information.
Which shows are canceled?
Several shows have been canceled. Those who have tickets will be contacted by email for options that include account credits, gift certificates, transferring your tickets into a charitable donation or a refund.
Here are a list of canceled shows:
- March 16 -- Harry Connick, Jr.
- March 27 -- Rodrigo y Gabriela
- March 27-29 and 31 -- Opera Orlando Presents The Daughter of the Regiment
- March 31-April 5 -- Miss Saigon
- April 28–May 3 -- A Bronx Tale
- May 8–10 -- Orlando Ballet’s Mowgli – The Jungle Book
- May 9 -- Orlando Ballet’s Mowgli – A Family Show
- May 18 -- Disney Musicals in Schools Student Share Celebration
- May 21–23 -- The Jazz Orchestra at Dr. Phillips Center’s Miles & More
- May 26–31 -- My Fair Lady. The Dr. Phillips Center is offering flexible options for this show that you can learn by clicking here.
- June 11–14 -- Beautiful — The Carole King Musical. The Dr. Phillips Center is offering flexible options for this show as well. Learn more by clicking here.
What about classes?
Classes at the AdventHealth School of the Arts have transitioned to virtual classes, and additional instructions were emailed to parents.
Disney Musicals in Schools participants should reach out to program manager Sara York for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Schools participating in the Applause Awards program should reach out to Applause Awards director Laura Peete at email@example.com.
© 2020 Cox Media Group