ORLANDO, Fla. — Labor Day weekend is coming up and many people may be wondering how they can celebrate the holiday during a pandemic.
Here are nine things to do this Labor Day weekend:
1. Go to the beach
What better way to spend Labor Day weekend than relaxing at a beach. Central Florida has several beaches that are worth visiting. Make sure to bring your sunscreen.
2. Go fishing
You can try you hand at saltwater fishing without needing a saltwater fishing license this Saturday.
The day is part of eight total license-free fishing days the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission offers each year.
To learn more, click here.
3. Visit Taste of Epcot International Food and Wine Festival
Get ready to stroll around six continents at Epcot’s International Food and Wine Festival.
A “modified” version of the International Food & Wine Festival at Epcot will continue until the fall, making it the longest festival yet, according to Disney.
The festival will include over 20 signature global marketplaces.
You will need a reservation to attend the festival.
4. See SeaWorld’s Electric Ocean Remix
This weekend SeaWorld Orlando said it will be open late.
The park is offering a summer fireworks show called Light Up The Sky, “a music, lights, fireworks and pyrotechnic spectacular that brings the brilliance of the sea to the sky above.”
All guests must make a reservation to visit in advance in order to manage park capacity and maintain physical distancing. Click here to make a reservation.
5. Free admission to Leu Gardens
Harry P. Leu Gardens is offering free admission to guests on Monday.
The garden is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Click here to learn more.
6. Go to a soccer game
Orlando City will play Atlanta United at 8 p.m. Saturday at Exploria Stadium.
A limited number of fans will be allowed inside the stadium for the match.
Everyone who attends the game will have to get their temperature checked, wear a mask and seats will be socially distanced.
No bags of any kind will be allowed to reduce screening interactions.
7. Visit a state park
If you’re looking to get outside this weekend, consider visiting a state park.
Here are some state parks in Central Florida:
- Blue Spring State Park, 2100 W French Ave Orange City, Fla. 32763
- De Leon Springs State Park, 601 Ponce De Leon Blvd De Leon Springs, Fla. 32130
- Hontoon Island State Park, 2309 River Ridge Rd Deland, Fla. 32720
- Lake Louisa State Park, 7305 Us Hwy 27 Clermont, Fla. 34714
- Rock Springs Run State Reserve, Rock Springs Run State Reserve County Rd. 433 Sorento, Fla.
- Wekiwa Springs State Park, 1800 Wekiwa Cir Apopka, Fla. 32712
Click here for more state parks.
8. Go for a bike ride
Central Florida has a lot of bike trails to discover. Here is a list of five trails to explore in Orlando.
9. Go to a drive-in movie theater
If you’re wanting to see a movie this weekend, there are a couple of drive-in movie theaters in Central Florida that are worth visiting.
Here are some drive-in theaters in Central Florida:
- Ocala Drive-in Theatre at 4850 S. Pine Ave. in Ocala.
- Silver Moon Drive-in Theatre at 4100 New Tampa Highway in Lakeland.
You can also click here to have updates sent straight to your inbox.