Disney’s Reedy Creek district extends agreements

ORLANDO, Fla. — Editor’s note: This story is available as a result of a content partnership between WFTV and the Orlando Business Journal.

The Reedy Creek Improvement District, the governing body overseeing Walt Disney World in Orlando, is moving forward with business as usual, despite its looming dissolution in 2023.

WATCH: 5 hurt after man drives onto crowded Daytona Beach, crashes into ocean

The district board of supervisors approved power agreement extensions with two major power firms through the end of 2024, during a July 27 meeting.

The two firms, Duke Energy and Florida Municipal Power Agency, represent 90% of the power -- the remaining 10% is generated through solar power -- provided to Reedy Creek Improvement District and all of its customers including Walt Disney World properties, third-party hotel and retailers and residents in the cities of Bay Lake and Lake Buena Vista.

Read: Gunman at large after person robbed, shot in Orange County, deputies say

Click here to read the full story on the Orlando Business Journal’s website.