LAKE COUNTY, Fla. — Starting next week, the Florida Department of Health will offer the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine at schools across Lake County.
The CDC recently approved the Pfizer COVID vaccine for use in children between the ages of five and eleven years old.
The Florida Department of Health in Lake County announced Wednesday it will offer the vaccine to students in that age group as well as district employees, any other eligible students, and the general public at the following times and locations:
· Nov. 15 -- Beverly Shores Elementary, 4 p.m.-6 p.m.
· Nov. 16 -- Grassy Lake Elementary, 4 p.m. -6 p.m.
· Nov. 17 -- Eustis Heights Elementary, 3 p.m.-5 p.m.
· Nov. 18 -- Lost Lake Elementary, 4 p.m.-6 p.m.
· Dec. 6 -- Beverly Shores Elementary, 4 p.m.-6 p.m.
· Dec. 7 -- Grassy Lake Elementary, 4 p.m.-6 p.m.
· Dec. 8 -- Eustis Heights Elementary, 3 p.m.-5 p.m.
· Dec. 9 -- Lost Lake Elementary, 4 p.m.-6 p.m.
All vaccination event will be held in the school cafeteria.
Pfizer COVID-19 booster shots will also be available for anyone who’s eligible.
The shots require proof of identification. Anyone under the age of 18 will have to be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
Patients are asked to complete a consent form before arriving at the vaccination site. It can be found online here. Blank forms will also be available at the vaccination sites.
Reservations are not required.
Cox Media Group