ORLANDO, Fla. — Channel 9 announced Monday that Christian Bruey will be a permanent part of Eyewitness News This Morning.
Here are nine things to know about the Florida native:
1. Bruey joined Channel 9 in 2010 and has served as a sports anchor/reporter and co-host of “Football Friday Night” on Channel 9 and the “Sports Brothers” podcast.
2. He grew up in Keystone Heights, a single-stoplight town in Clay County.
3. Bruey graduated from the University of Florida’s journalism school with a degree in telecommunications in 2006. Needless to say, he’s a huge Gator fan.
3. Before joining Channel 9, he spent three years behind the play-by-play microphone for the Daytona Cubs and the Hagerstown Suns.
4. Bruey is an avid golfer.
5. He is married to former Florida Gator softball All-American Francesca Enea.
6. The Brueys have two children -- Sage, who’s 4 years old, and Niko, who’s 1.
7. Bruey’s hard work earned him awards from the Florida Associated Press Broadcasters Association for best sports feature in 2017 and best sports anchor in 2018.
8. He has been a part of Channel 9′s hurricane coverage, and he spearheaded the station’s coverage of Orlando City Soccer Club’s rise to Major League Soccer and the University of Central Florida’s undefeated 2017 football season.
9. During the height of the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020, his work on the “Central Florida Strong” news segments on WFTV Tonight helped shine a light on the people and businesses that went above and beyond to help their neighbors in need. Click here to watch the stories.
Bruey will officially join co-anchor Nancy Alvarez, meteorologist Brian Shields and traffic anchor Deneige Broom on Channel 9 Eyewitness News This Morning on Aug. 9.
©2021 Cox Media Group