ORLANDO, FLa. — As the world deals with changes from the impact of COVID-19, the coronavirus, it’s important to know how to stay safe while continuing to live your life.
Even a trip to the grocery store can put your health at risk if you do not follow some basic guidelines.
Here are some tips you can use while stocking up on supplies.
• If the location offers disinfecting wipes, use them clean your shopping carts before use.
• If you’re not feeling well, wear gloves and facemasks if you have access to them.
• Avoid shopping during peak hours. Many stores are busiest when they first open in the morning.
• Practice social distancing and avoid crowded aisles.
• Leave children and other family members at home, if you can, to help lessen the number of people inside the store.
• Wash your hands when you get home.
• Order online and have groceries delivered, if available.
There is currently no vaccine for the coronavirus and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says the best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus.
© 2020 © 2020 Cox Media Group