OSCEOLA COUNTY, Fla. — The Osceola County Fair could look a lot different after the fair reached capacity and a fight broke out on Friday night.
Organizers are now conducting a full review of what happened to assure people are safe from something like this happening again.
According to the Facebook post from the Osceola County Fair, some guests became unruly following the announcement that the fair had reached capacity and officials were forced to close the fair entirely.
“We had some unruly teenagers that decided to cause a ruckus,” said Osceola County Fair General Manager Larry Berry. “They were yelling ‘fight’ before the fight even started, so they basically caused the problems that we had.”
Deputies detained one teenage girl involved in the fight, later releasing her to her parents.
Berry said they want to control similar situations in the future, and age limits may be the answer.
“Do we need to require adults to be with teenagers to they come to the fairgrounds? Parental guardian supervision. These are all things we’re looking at,” Berry said.
The Central Florida Fair, which opens in Orlando on March 3, has had a policy like that in place for years. On weekends, those under 17 need a guardian over 21, with a limit of four minors to an adult.
Berry said they are considering whatever it takes to keep safety top of mind.
“Our main thing is we want to look at everything to make sure this is the safest possible,” Berry added.
The state attorney’s office is still investigating Friday’s incident.
So far that teenage girl isn’t being charged, even though deputies called her the main aggressor in the fight.
The fair board will vote on any changes coming within the next couple months.
©2022 Cox Media Group