SEMINOLE COUNTY, Fla. — Police are trying to find out how the gun involved in Wednesday’s shooting at Seminole High School got into the school.
Detectives said they have a lot to learn after they interview the suspected shooter, but they did say It was between two male students over a girl.
They said just before noon, students told resource officers there was a gun on Seminole High School’s campus. They went to investigate and heard shots coming from the Tomahawk building and saw students running away.
They found an 18-year-old who had been shot three times.
Police put the school on lockdown and found casings first, then the gun, then the suspect, a 16-year-old boy.
School administrators cleared the campus a little less than two hours after the shooting. Counselors will be available tomorrow.
Superintendent Serita Beaman called it “the worst day for any school system.”
Normal operations will resume at the school Thursday.
©2022 Cox Media Group