SEMINOLE COUNTY, Fla. — After months of delays, former Seminole County Tax Collector Joel Greenberg is set to be sentenced in August.
Greenberg pleaded guilty last year to six charges including sex trafficking a minor, identity theft, wire fraud and conspiracy.
His sentencing has been delayed three times.
Greenberg is believed to be cooperating with federal agents who are building a case against Florida Republican Congressman Matt Gaetz.
Gaetz is accused of sex trafficking, but has not been charged with any crime, and has denied ever paying for sex.
READ PREVIOUS COVERAGE BELOW:
- Joel Greenberg to pay Seminole County almost $2M in restitution, attorney says
- 2 associates of Joel Greenberg accused of defrauding real estate investor out of $12 million
- Prosecutors request forfeiture of more than $600,000 in assets from ex-tax collector Joel Greenberg
- Audit of Greenberg’s time as tax collector shows contracts with ‘no example of work product’
- Judge agrees to delay Joel Greenberg’s sentencing
©2022 Cox Media Group