Police release video of suspects in shooting that left 2 dead, 21 wounded outside Miami banquet hall

MIAMI — At least two people are dead and 21 others were wounded in a shooting early Sunday morning outside of a banquet hall in Miami, investigators said.

>> Read more trending news

Update 11:30 a.m. EDT May 31: Three people remained in critical condition Monday following a deadly shooting that claimed two lives and left more than 20 people injured in Miami, according to officials.

Miami-Dade police Maj. Jorge Aguiar said 23 people were shot early Sunday after a white Nissan Pathfinder with three armed people inside approached the side entrance of the El Mula Banquet Hall. Police released surveillance video on Monday showing the alleged assailants.

“Three individuals exited that Pathfinder armed and opened fire on the crowd,” Aguiar said at a news conference Monday. “As a result of that initial shooting, several groups that were in the parking lot also armed themselves and opened fire toward the initial shooters.”

Responding officers found two people dead when they arrived, officials said. Twenty-one other people were injured, including a 17-year-old boy who was shot in the leg.

Authorities have not released the names of the victims, though family members told The Associated Press and other news organizations that Clayton Dillard was among those slain. A man identified by WPLG as Dillard’s father briefly interrupted authorities during Monday’s news conference.

“You all killed my kid,” he shouted before officers escorted him away from the briefing.

“That is the pain that affects our community, right there before you,” Miami-Dade Police Director Alfredo “Freddy” Ramirez III said. “That’s why together, all of us, we must work harder to bring justice to these families who are crying, as you hear right now. Know that the Miami-Dade Police Department will not stop. We will bring justice.”

Update 12:03 a.m. EDT May 31: Authorities have not released the names of the two people killed or those who were injured, but the family of Clayton Dillard III confirmed to WSVN and WPLG that the 26-year-old man had been killed.

“You know what happened? My son is laying here,” the man’s father, Clayton Dillard Jr., told WSVN.

The elder Dillard was begging police to let him see his son’s body Sunday as it remained at the scene, covered by a tarp, WPLG reported. Police officers explained that they would not allow him to see his son because they could not contaminate an active investigation scene, the television station reported.

Update 12:37 p.m. May 30: Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis shared his condolences on social media and vowed to bring those responsible to justice.

“We mourn the loss of the two victims and are praying for the recovery of the more than 20 people injured at El Mula Banquet Hall near Hialeah,” DeSantis said. “We are working with local authorities to bring justice to the perpetrators. Justice needs to be swift & severe!”

Businessman and TV Personality Marcus Lemonis, star of “The Profit” offered a $100,000 reward for help that leads to the capture of the suspects.

Original report: Authorities said a white Nissan Pathfinder pulled up outside the venue where a concert was going on and three people got out and opened fire with assault rifles and handguns, WFOR reported.

The suspects then got back into the SUV and fled the scene.

Miami-Dade Fire Rescue personnel arrived and paramedics pronounced two victims dead. Police said as many as 25 other victims were taken to hospitals, some by their own transportation. At least one victim is in critical condition, WPLG reported. The conditions and identities of the victims have not been released.

Police have not taken any suspects into custody.

Miami-Dade Police Director Alfredo “Freddy” Ramirez III called it a “cowardly act.”

“I am at the scene of another targeted and cowardly act of gun violence, where over 20 victims were shot and 2 have sadly died,” he said on social media. “These are cold blooded murderers that shot indiscriminately into a crowd and we will seek justice. My deepest condolences to the family of the victims.”

The Associated Press contributed to this report.