Keeping up with routine car maintenance is extremely important if you want your car to put out a peak performance. However, there’s A LOT to think about when it comes to routine auto service! That’s where we come in – we can help you keep track of your routine car care appointments and remind you when you’re due for them, like Orlando oil changes or tire rotations. One of the big ones to remember? Brake service – you need to upkeep your brake system on a regular basis, including your brake pads!
Why should you regularly change your brake pads?
What do brake pads do, and why are they so important? We’ve got the breakdown for you:
- Brake pads are a thin piece of material that apply pressure and friction to the rotors so you can slow down and come to a stop.
- Without them, the rotors would come in direct contact with the caliper. The pads protect the rotors from damage while the brakes are being used.
- When your brake pads wear down, you also have reduced stopping capabilities.
That’s why it’s so important to maintain your brake pads with Orlando brake service. When they wear thin, it starts to do damage to the rotors. If the problem isn’t addressed immediately, you may have to replace not only your brake pads but ALSO your rotors (and that can definitely hurt your bank account).
Signs you need Orlando brake service
As you can see, scheduling Orlando brake pads replacement is important to stay on top of. Luckily, there are signs that warn you when you’re due for brake service, and we’ve collected them so you can be aware! You should watch out for things like:
Your car pulling to one side when you hit the brakes. This can mean the pads are wearing unevenly and need to be looked at (and it’s also dangerous for you and other drivers on the road). Let our Orlando Toyota Service Center check things out!
- A grinding noise or sensation when you hit the brakes. This means your pads are shot and the rotors are taking the brunt of it, so don’t delay scheduling Orlando brake service! The longer you wait, the more likely it is that you’ll have to replace your rotors entirely and that’s a pretty expensive endeavor.
- A squealing noise when you brake. Most brake systems have indicators built into them and when the pads wear too thin, the indicator will put off a high-pitched noise to let you know. Don’t ignore it – schedule auto service in Orlando to get a new set before you damage your rotors!
Not sure if you’re due for auto service and need our trained Orlando Toyota service techs to take a look? Call us today at (866) 454-1614 to schedule an appointment! We’re conveniently located between the Florida Turnpike and Highway 27 on State Road 50. See you soon, and don’t forget to ask about our Orlando Toyota Service coupons for brakes!
© 2019 Cox Media Group.