ORLANDO, Fla. — It was a record-setting Wednesday for inland Central Florida. Orlando and Leesburg tied their record high temperature for the day with 88 and 86 degrees, respectively. Sanford reached a new record high temperature of 87 degrees. The heat will continue for one more day, possibly breaking records again.
Here’s what you should expect for Wednesday evening:
- Partly cloudy skies overnight, dense patchy fog developing. Drive with your low beams if you encounter fog. High beams reflect more light and reduce visibility further.
- Highs on Thursday afternoon will once again reach the mid-80s, with some locations reaching the upper 80.
- High heat indices: Temperatures could feel as if they were in the low 90s. It will be very muggy.
- Evening temps will drop to the high 60s.
- The next front will arrive Friday, increasing the chance for rain and bringing a slight relief from the heat.
Catch up on your 5-day forecast:
Follow our Severe Weather team on Twitter for live updates:
© 2020 © 2020 Cox Media Group