- Raising awareness of, legislating and enforcing laws governing speed limits, alcohol impairment, seat-belt use, child restraints and safety helmets.
- Formulating and implementing transport and land-use policies that promote safer and more efficient trips; encouraging the use of safer modes of travel, such as public transport; and incorporating injury prevention measures into traffic management and road design.
- Making vehicles more protective and visible for occupants, pedestrians and cyclists; using daytime running lights, high-mounted brake lights and reflective materials on cycles, carts, rickshaws and other non-motorized forms of transport.
- Lift things safely (use your legs if possible).
- Arrange your work area to fit your body.
- Take short breaks and stretch.
- Wear your protective equipment.
- Ask about available health resources at work.
- Ask questions when you need to.
© 2020 Cox Media Group