ORLANDO, Fla. — Terror will soon take root at Universal Studios Florida.
On Tuesday, the park announced its “sinister slate” of original offerings for this year’s Halloween Horror Nights, which includes six new original concepts for haunted houses, five scare zones and two shows.
The six new original houses are:
- Spirits of the Coven – Enter a 1920s speakeasy and discover they are the main ingredient of a witch’s brew.
- Bugs: Eaten Alive – Face a putrid, skin-crawling infestation of spiders, roaches, flies, bees and more.
- Fiesta de Chupacabras – Escape or become prey for a no-longer mythical, fanged creature.
- Hellblock Horror – Try to survive visiting hours for horrifying monsters serving time.
- Dead Man’s Pier: Winter’s Wake – Enter a petrifying winter thunderstorm in a seaside village ruled by an undead fisherman.
- Descendants of Destruction – Encounter bloodthirsty mutants living in a post-apocalyptic subway system.
The original fare joins the previously announced houses based on The Weeknd, “Halloweeen,” Universal Monsters and Blumhouse hits “Freaky” and “The Black Phone.”
Five scare zones will be peppered throughout Universal as well, including:
- Horrors of Halloween – Encounter the pumpkin lord and his devoted subjects.
- Scarecrow: Cursed Soil – Scarecrows will stop at nothing to harvest souls.
- Sweet Revenge – A 1950s Halloween parade has gone wrong with plenty of bloodthirsty trick-or-treaters.
- Graveyard: Deadly Unrest – Venture through a ghastly cemetery under an ominous Halloween thunderstorm.
- Conjure the Dark – Escape an evil sorceress who is bringing forth an army of ravenous monstrosities.
Halloween Horror Nights kicks off Sept. 2 and runs through Halloween.
Guests who need a break from the scares at Halloween Horror Nights will be able to enjoy two brand-new shows, “Halloween Nightmare Fuel,” a sequel to last year’s hit show “Halloween Nightmare Fuel” and “Ghoulish! A Halloween Tale” in the Universal Studios Lagoon.
Guests will also be able to shop at the Tribute Store where Halloween Horror Nights will be a major influence inside.
©2022 Cox Media Group