APOPKA, Fla. - An Apopka man died after his mobile home filled with carbon monoxide gas, according to Orange County Fire Rescue.
Firefighters transported the man to Florida Hospital Apopka around 5 p.m. from the mobile home on Lambing Lane, where he was pronounced dead.
Officials said there was a report of a generator powering the mobile home.
- More than 40 animals killed in fire at Orange County animal sanctuary, firefighters say
- State of the Union 2019: Who are the special guests?
- Questions linger days after TSA worker jumped to his death at Orlando International Airport
- VIDEO: Man became angry over plate of food at Super Bowl party before killing father of 7, wife says
Seven people reportedly slept at the mobile home Monday night, officials said. All of them except the victim left for the day.
When the group of six returned home for the evening, they found the victim inside the home, officials said.
Firefighters said it will be up to the medical examiner's officer to determine whether the man died from carbon monoxide poisoning.
The Orange County Sheriff's Office is investigating the death.
4:28 p.m. #HazMat Lambing Ln./carbon monoxide in mobile home, one man transported to @AdventHealth Apopka pronounced dead on arrival. Report of a generator powering the mobile home. Under investigation.— OCFire Rescue (@OCFireRescue) February 6, 2019
7 people reportedly slept in the mobile home last night. All but one (the victim) left for the day. When the six returned this evening, a man and his son were transported to @AdventHealth Orlando for elevated carbon monoxide levels. pic.twitter.com/HDJtNvQHVi— OCFire Rescue (@OCFireRescue) February 6, 2019
© 2019 Cox Media Group.