SEE: Cocoa firefighters use oxygen pet masks to rescue 2 cats from house fire

COCOA, Fla. — Firefighters used a special tool Tuesday to save two family pets from a house fire in Cocoa.

The Cocoa Fire Department said a duplex on Highland Street near Forrest Avenue caught fire overnight.

Crews rescued two cats and immediately started giving them oxygen.

READ: Recall alert: Midwestern Pet Foods recalls dog, cat food amid salmonella risk

The oxygen pet masks were donated to the department in 2019.

Officials told Channel 9 that both cats will survive.

READ: Florida wildlife officials searching for solution after state reports 500+ manatee deaths

No one else was hurt in the fire.

After being treated, the cats were reunited with their owner at the scene.

Photos: Lake County firefighters save injured baby owl

Investigators said the fire may have started in a dryer.

Click here to download the free WFTV news and weather apps, and click here to watch the latest news on your Smart TV.

Katlyn Brieskorn, WFTV.com

Katlyn Brieskorn is a Digital Assignment Editor at WFTV. She joined Channel 9 in July 2019.