COCOA, Fla. — Firefighters used a special tool Tuesday to save two family pets from a house fire in Cocoa.
The Cocoa Fire Department said a duplex on Highland Street near Forrest Avenue caught fire overnight.
Crews rescued two cats and immediately started giving them oxygen.
The oxygen pet masks were donated to the department in 2019.
Officials told Channel 9 that both cats will survive.
No one else was hurt in the fire.
After being treated, the cats were reunited with their owner at the scene.
Investigators said the fire may have started in a dryer.
Cox Media Group