ORLANDO, Fla. — Florida’s application for Disaster Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program has been approved, the Department of Children and Families announced Saturday.
>>> STREAM CHANNEL 9 EYEWITNESS NEWS LIVE <<<
This program will provide food assistance for individuals and families who have been impacted by Hurricane Ian and who don’t receive benefits from the regular SNAP program.
Read: SNAP benefits have risen; find out how much monthly payments are now
D-SNAP will be launched in a series of phases starting Monday, Oct. 10. Pre-registration is required.
The first phase will be a phone option.
Who is eligible?
- Applicants must not be receiving regular SNAP benefits.
- Those who were living or working in a disaster-declared county at the time of the hurricane
- Suffered a disaster-related loss such as damage to homes, loss of food, reduction or loss in income or other disaster-related expenses
- Meet financial eligibility requirements
Read: FEMA approves $150 million in disaster relief for Florida households, here’s how to apply
Things to know about the application process:
- Phone times are based on the first letter of the applicant’s last name.
- Residents who can’t pre-register online can visit in-person locations when they are open.
- You can call the D-SNAP Call Center at 850-663-1919, open from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern Time.
Read: How can Central Florida residents apply for FEMA’s Transitional Shelter Assistance?
What are the different phases?
PHASE ONE: Schedule by County
- Online pre-registration will be open for Charlotte, Collier, DeSoto, Hardee, Lee, Sarasota and Polk counties from Monday, Oct. 10 at 12:01 a.m. through Sunday, Oct. 16 at 11:59 p.m.
- Applicants in the Phase One Schedule must call the D-SNAP Call Center at 850-663-1919 between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Last name begins with A-F: Call on Thursday, Oct. 13
- Last name begins with G-N: Call on Friday, Oct. 14
- Last name begins with O-Z: Call on Saturday, Oct. 15
- Any last name: Call on Sunday, Oct. 16
PHASE TWO: Schedule by County
- Counties: Flagler, Highlands, Manatee, Orange, Pinellas and St. Johns
- Pre-Registration Dates: Monday, Oct. 17 - Sunday, Oct. 23
- Telephone Dates: Thursday, Oct. 20 - Sunday, Oct. 23
PHASE THREE: Schedule by County
- Counties: Hillsborough, Lake, Osceola, Putnam, Seminole, and Volusia
- Pre-Registration Dates: Monday, Oct. 24 - Sunday, Oct. 30
- Telephone Dates: Thursday, Oct. 27 - Sunday, Oct. 30
Click here to learn more and click here for pre-registration.
Click here to download the free WFTV news and weather apps, click here to download the WFTV Now app for your smart TV and click here to stream Channel 9 Eyewitness News live.
©2022 Cox Media Group