Child igniting paper with space heater starts fire at Windsor Cove apartments, firefighters say

ORLANDO, Fla. — At least 48 people were displaced after a fire at the Windsor Cove apartments Saturday morning, the Orlando Fire Department said.

Firefighters said no one was injured in the fire that broke out at 1470 Mercy Drive around 10 a.m.

Fire investigators said a child igniting paper on a space heater caused the blaze.

The American Red Cross has been notified about the fire.

"It's pretty significant. It was 25 kids, which is the most amount of kids that I've had to deal with on any of the calls that I've gone out on," said Leo Alvarez, a Red Cross volunteer.

About 10 total apartment units were affected by the blaze.

Power has been shut off to the entire building, approximately 12 units, due to extensive damage to the electrical system, firefighters said.