ORLANDO, Fla. — Editor’s note: This story is available as a result of a content partnership between WFTV and the Orlando Business Journal.
The top executive at one of Orlando’s natural attractions, Harry P. Leu Gardens, is retiring.
The 50-acre botanical garden in the downtown Orlando area at 1920 N. Forest Ave. was donated to the city in 1961 by Harry P. Leu and his wife, Mary Jane Leu.
Executive Director Robert Bowden told Orlando Business Journal he will end his nearly 29-year tenure of leading the botanical gardens this month.
Bowden took on the role in 1994 and has led Leu Gardens, which is overseen by the city of Orlando, through nearly three decades of growth.
©2022 Cox Media Group