Local

Judge: Man accused of Pine Hills mass shooting competent to stand trial

ORLANDO, Fla. — A judge ruled Thursday afternoon that a man accused of a deadly mass shooting in Orange County’s Pine Hills neighborhood last year is competent to stand trial.

WATCH CHANNEL 9 EYEWITNESS NEWS

Circuit Judge Leticia Marques made the ruling during a hearing at the Orange County Courthouse, allowing the case against Keith Moses to move forward.

The competency hearing was originally scheduled for Dec. 18, but Moses refused to be taken from the jail to the courthouse at that time, officials said.

Read: Mass shooting suspect Keith Moses skips court competency hearing, judge says

Investigators said Moses shot five people in February, killing three -- a 9-year-old girl, a woman and an Orlando television reporter.

Marques made her ruling after two doctors reviewed Moses’ competency.

Check back and watch Channel 9 Eyewitness News for live updates to this developing story.

Click here to download our free news, weather and smart TV apps. And click here to stream Channel 9 Eyewitness News live.

Read: Deputies release minute-by-minute timeline of shootings that killed woman, reporter & girl

Jason Kelly

Jason Kelly, WFTV.com

Jason Kelly joined WFTV Channel 9 in 2014. He serves as the station's Digital Executive Producer.