ORLANDO, Fla. — This week, you’ll be able to see dozens of Spider-Mans pose together while Deadpool and Pennywise the Dancing Clown shop for comic books and wall art as stormtroopers and Jedi knights patrol the grounds.
It must be MegaCon Orlando time again.
Billed as “the South East’s largest comics, sci-fi, horror, anime, and gaming event,” MegaCon draws hundreds of thousands of people to the Orange County Convention Center. After being canceled last year due to the COVID-19 pandemic, it’s returning this year with a bang.
READ: Brothers use creative superpowers to publish comic book to raise money, awareness for bionic arm
MegaCon runs kicked off Thursday and runs through Sunday. See photos from the first day below:
Before you break out your lightsabers and spandex, here are nine things you need to know about this year:
- On July 30, MegaCon announced that face masks will be mandatory. Guests are asked to stay home if they’re not feeling well, wash and sanitize their hands often and maintain social distance where possible.
- Most tickets to MegaCon are still available. Adult prices range from $25 on Thursday to $60 on Saturday. Click here to purchase. Youth and family tickets are sold out for Saturday.
READ: CDC updates guidance for travelers as COVID Delta variant continues to spread
- Four-day passes are still available for $115 and can be purchased here. Premium and VIP packages are sold out.
- This year will feature dozens of A-list celebrities representing the biggest names in movies, TV, comic books, anime, video games and more who will be available for photo ops and autograph sessions.
Among the biggest names are John Stamos and Bob Saget from “Full House,” William Shatner and George Takei from “Star Trek,” Michael Rooker from “Guardians of the Galaxy” and “The Walking Dead,” Ron Perlman from “Hellboy” and “Sons of Anarchy,” several stars of “The Office” and more. See the full lineup here.
READ: Nursing conference canceled at Orange County Convention Center as COVID-19 cases surge
- Don’t forget your costumes! A major part of MegaCon is the cool, complex and sometimes creepy cosplay costumes found everywhere you look. For those dressing up, there will be professional photo opportunities including a red carpet, a cosplay workshop and more. Click here for more information.
- MegaCon will take place across more than 400,000 square feet of shopping and feature more than 1,000 retailers specializing in comics, anime, games, science fiction, horror and more. You can find a floor plan with a list of exhibitors here.
Check out photos of MegaCon throughout the years below:
- Are you a gamer? You can test your skills at tabletop games such as Dungeons & Dragons, and video games such as Mario Kart, Mario Party and Super Smash Bros.
- Do you have a little cosplayer in the making in your household? MegaCon offers plenty of family-friendly activities too, including the Kids Cosplay Contest at 2 p.m. Sunday. See a full list of family programming here.
- The MegaCon mobile app allows you to make your own schedule of events, purchase tickets and more. It is available for both iOS and Android. Download it here.
©2021 Cox Media Group