ORLANDO, Fla. — The Orlando Fire department said it's investigating what caused an Orlando Krispy Kreme shop to catch fire Thursday morning.
When firefighters arrived at the scene, they said there was thick smoke pouring out of the shop on Millenia Boulevard and flames coming out of the kitchen, near the cooking grease.
Officials said that could have made a very dangerous situation for firefighters.
"Anytime you get grease involved, it's more or less like a tile floor. It does get to be a slippery situation, because you do get some grease on that tile floor," said Dist. Chief Mike Aiken of the Orlando Fire Department.
The store will be closed for a while because of all of the smoke damage, officials said.
© 2020 WFTV