‘None of the reptiles survived’: Wild Florida loses entire snake exhibit to electrical fire

OSCEOLA COUNTY, Fla. — Wild Florida lost an entire snake exhibit after an electrical fire on Sunday morning.

“Unfortunately, none of the reptiles survived the fire, and it breaks our heart to lose these beautiful animals,” a Wild Florida spokesperson said.

Read: Florida reports a more than 25% increase in COVID-19 cases since Thanksgiving

St. Cloud and Osceola County firefighters were able to keep the flames from spreading to other areas of the attraction.

Despite the numerous reptile deaths, no people were injured in the fire, firefighters said.

Read: CDC director approves COVID-19 vaccinations

Wild Florida stated it plans to rebuild and will also open to visitors on Monday.

“We plan to rebuild and continue to provide a safe, educational experience for our guests,” a Wild Florida spokesperson said.

Read: ‘Dangerous and foolish’: Florida guard accused of cocaine trafficking inside prison