ORLANDO, Fla. — Gas prices are falling ahead of the Thanksgiving travel rush.
On Monday, AAA reported the average cost for a gallon of gas in Florida at $3.45 -- down 10 cents from one week ago.
The auto giant said prices are likely to keep dropping into the holiday weekend.
“Florida drivers may have something extra to be thankful for this Thanksgiving,” AAA’s Mark Jenkins said. “Gas prices could ultimately fall 20-30 cents per gallon. The downturn is being driven by strong refinery output, which led to a big gain in gasoline supplies,” Jenkins added.
AAA forecasts that 91% of the nearly 3 million Floridians who plan to travel during the upcoming holiday weekend will drive.
Locally, Lake County had the cheapest on Monday, averaging $3.41 a gallon.
Here are some ways to save on gasoline, according to AAA:
- Combine errands to limit driving time.
- Pay with cash — some retailers charge extra per gallon for customers who pay with a credit card.
- Remove excess weight in your vehicle — every 100 pounds taken out of the vehicle improves fuel economy by 1% to 2%.
- Drive conservatively — aggressive acceleration and speeding reduces fuel economy.
- Shop around for the best gas prices — to check prices in your neighborhood, click here.
©2022 Cox Media Group