• Spontaneous combustion causes Ocala business fire


    OCALA, Fla. - Spontaneous combustion caused an industrial laundry facility to catch fire early Thursday morning, Ocala fire officials said.   

    Authorities said 21 firefighters worked to put out the fire at the UniFirst building in downtown Ocala.

    Officials said the building valued at $2,000,000, suffered $1,000 in damage, and very little fire damage occurred to the contents. However, smoke did affect a portion of the clothing and articles inside.

    UniFirst management representatives told fire officials that 57 people are employed by the laundry, which is expected to reopen for business Thursday.

    No one was inside at the time of the fire.

    Next Up: